In the past few months I’ve started off the year with a new way of thinking. When you’ve been through life thinking in a certain way and you notice that it’s not working for you (Lol)… it’s in your best interest to change it. Right? Right. I first stumbled on ‘The Secret’ about 4 years ago. Not the book, this youtube video from Oprah’s show. At the time I wasn’t as open-minded about anything that didn’t involve the words “God”, “Jesus” and ‘The Holy Spirit” LOL!!! I was completely sold on the idea that Christianity was it’s own belief system and no other ‘religion’ could accurately speak on it’s teachings if it didn’t directly make reference to the bible.
‘The Secret’ is a book and film that talks about ‘The Law Of Attraction’ – the idea that everything you desire in your life are things you already have. They are already in existence. All you have to do is communicate to the universe that you believe in this truth and that you confidently receive it without an ounce of doubt.
The bible encapsulates this way of thinking and believing under one word – “Faith”. I was taught about faith from a very young age but the law of attraction presented a more tangible way to understand how faith actually works. Let’s go back to my first paragraph – the bit where I explained that Christianity can’t be taught through other ways of teachings other than the Bible… this is what I was getting at. Something that is not considered necessarily ‘Christian’ is bringing me closer to biblical concepts and renewing my mind to not think so narrowly.
James 1: 6
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind”
More than ever, ‘The Secret’ presents me with a daily positive mindset that’s dependent on actively renewing your mind (a biblical concept: Ephesians 4:22-23) and that requires steadfast, diligent action. All those terrifying words like ‘patience’ and ‘trusting God’s timing’ are slowly becoming things that I’d rather practice than think of them as things I wish I didn’t have to be bound by. Does that make sense? For example, I’d rather be patient (proactively) than give into a lot of the falsehood that comes with instant-gratification.
There’s a freedom with the “Law Of Attraction” because there is now a certainty that everything good you desire is in you’re grasp. Everything good that you wish for your life is already yours and Everything that is aligned with the purpose for your life is absolutely and completely available for you to seize and own.
All you have to do is believe it’s the truth… and it’s YOURS.
Affirmations for Musicians/Creatives/Artists
- I am successful.
- I am a full-time working musician.
- I am constantly and consistently presented with opportunities that take my career higher.
- I am ready for every gig opportunity that is thrown at me.
- I am aware of the impact my music has on others and the responsibility I have to affecting positive change in the world.
- My music touches lives.
- I effortlessly attract gigs.
- I am at home when I am on stage.
- I am known to be easy to work with in the industry.
- My collaborations always yield extremely positive results.
- I am a constant survivor of procrastination.
- I am surrounded by people who want to see succeed in every aspect of my life.
- I have an amazing reputation among industry people.
- Major hits are at my songwriting fingertips.
- All of my dreams are coming true right now.
(Modify the words to suit your career, your job, your life).